Thursday 12 January 2012

Pre-screen interviews!

YES. SCORE.
After review of your CV the Yummy Jobs Team is delighted to invite you to the next stage of recruitment for the Cultural Representative Program.

This next stage will be a pre-selection event where the Yummy Jobs Team will conduct a full program presentation and group interviews.

We found out a couple of days ago (by 'we', I mean all of us in our lovely Facebook group) that instead of phone interviews Yummy Jobs would be holding regional pre-screen events. I've no idea why they've decided to do it this way, and I'm not sure whether it's a good or a bad thing! All I know at the moment is that it's different to last year, which puts me feeling very much out of my depth! They've not done interviews this way for the CRP before (as far as I'm aware) so all those blogs and video blogs I've read and reread and watched and rewatched about the phone interview are suddenly useless! Well, no, I imagine the questions we'll get asked will be quite similar but the scenario? Totally different. I've never been to a group interview before! I've no idea what to expect!

Still, I'm so excited and glad to have got through. I had this horrible feeling of 'what if I got that far last time, but this year I'm just rejected straight away?' This is a good start! Really gutted for the people who didn't get through, though. I just kind of assumed that everyone in the FB group had the kind of enthusiasm that would show through in their application and that we'd all at least get through to the first interview stage.

I'm also excited by how much more quickly this year's applications are going than last year's! The applications only closed 2 days ago, and we've already found out the results! The next round is the 25th/26th, with the F2F interviews in mid February. So much quicker! I approve of this. Let's hope this bodes well for me, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment