Thursday 14 April 2011

Phone interview.

So I had my phone interview today! It was the first day of interviews and I decided to just go for it and get it out of the way. I already had a list of questions I could be asked, and a rough idea of what I'd answer for each one, so there didn't seem any point in prolonging it all.

I booked my interview for 2.15pm, with Nick, and spent this morning writing out headings, with relevant questions underneath, and bullet pointed answers for each one. It calmed me down a bit, because I realised I had a reasonably decent answer for each one!

Nick was a few minutes late calling, but I was expecting that (everyone who's written about their phone interview seems to have that happen to them). I made a joke to him about thinking my phone was broken, but realised that he could have mistaken that for ragging on him a little, which definitely was NOT my intention. Eek. Maybe I'm just overthinking.

Anyway, these are the questions I was asked (in no particular order):
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? (standard Disney Look question)
- Tell me a bit about yourself, why you want to go to Disney, what motivates you.
- Why should you be picked to go to Disney?
- How would you feel about sharing a flat with people of any of the nationalities in World Showcase?
- How would being around above mentioned people help you in the future?
- Tell me a time when you've dealt with a difficult customer.
- If an American came to you in the UK Pavilion and asked you to tell them about Cardiff, what would you tell them?
- Give me three buzzwords to describe yourself.
- Which Disney character are you most like?

Two of them (the one about nationalities helping me in the future and the buzzwords one) were not ones I was expecting at all, so they threw me for a second, but I think I managed not to sound too alarmed! I was trying not to sound as if I had vague answers prepared anyway, so hopefully it wasn't obvious I had no idea what to say for those!

So yes, it's hard to tell how it went. I didn't mess up any of the answers, and I made Nick laugh a couple of times, and I was definitely confident in my speaking. I just have a feeling I rambled on a bit too long for a couple of the questions. Hmm.

Oh well, I guess I'll find out how I did in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment