Wednesday 15 February 2012

F2F ... again.

I survived my second face to face interview! Fingers crossed it's also the last one I'll have to go through ...

As last year, everyone with interviews on the 14th from our lovely Facebook group arranged to meet up at Costa beforehand. It seemed as if most of the people there were from the Manchester pre-screens, so there were lots of new faces! We all chatted about our various pre-screen interviews, filling out the forms etc before making our way round to Disney HQ where we all had our pictures taken and were given our guest passes.

The presentation was different to last year's - no Valerie! I was half disappointed, because I was looking forward to her ridiculous over enthusiasm, but it was also a bit of a relief!

I managed to win one of the prizes (another screen cleaner wipe thing!) for answering a knowledge question at the end of the presentation, oh yeah. It was Jeff*'s 'I'll be very impressed if anyone knows this' question, so obviously I'm still mentally applauding myself for knowing that useful bit of Disney trivia.

After we were all given our interview times, a bunch of us made our way to Wetherspoons to wait for a couple of hours. We all got food and chatted about ... well, Disney and the interview process, mostly! My interview was at 2.20 so I headed back to HQ a bit before 2, then was finally let back upstairs by the Dragon Lady Gatekeeper. Seriously, this woman was so reluctant to let any of us go upstairs!

For some reason, there were only 3 people there for the interview at 2.20 (there are supposed to be 4; 2 people per interviewer), so Chantelle, who was supposed to have her interview at 2.40, was bumped up to partner me. We both thought this was funny because she'd joked about wondering if we'd be interview buddies again - and we were!
We had Jill, and although she was lovely, she was really hard to read! The interview was over so quickly - I felt as if I was just settling in when she announced, "Well, that's all the questions I have for you". Oh, okay then!

We don't know when we'll find out the results, which is a little frustrating. The Monday interviewees were told next Monday, but Jill said 'in three weeks' to us, so who knows! I find waiting a lot easier when I actually have a set date in mind - I can put it out of my head (or try to) until that day. But not knowing when we'll hear back might drive me a little mad ...

To finish this post, have a picture of me with the original Iron Man suit:

*weirdly, a different Jeff from last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment