Thursday 28 July 2011

6 done, 5 to go.

It's been six weeks since I was put onto the not-quite-waitlist. There's five weeks until the end of August, which is when we've been told we'll hear by, so at least we're over the half way point.

Most days I manage to only think about it briefly (but yes, I do think about it every day. How can I not?), but last night I dreamt* that Yummy Jobs emailed us with our dates, in one big long document with everyone's names and dates in, so that I had to Ctrl+F to find my name (yes, I used Ctrl+F in my dream. I am so cool). And instead of feeling excited, I felt a bit deflated, because I'd waited so long just to be lumped in with everyone else, and didn't even get a personalised email. I've been imagining the moment when I get the email - having my heart jump into my mouth when I see the subject line, holding my breath as I read the email, then going crazy with joy when I read my date - and because it didn't make me feel like doing that, I didn't even tell anyone. Yeah, I don't know, I have really vivid dreams. I just hope that it doesn't actually happen like that.

I couldn't resist checking my email with a feeling of hope this morning, but of course, there was no email. Oh well, a girl can dream.

*Chrome's spell check is implying 'dreamt' isn't a real word. What rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment